If you already have a sore throat, there are a number of things you can do to alleviate the discomfort and get yourself back to normal as soon as possible.
- Drink plenty of warm liquids to keep your body fluids up.
- As with avoiding a sore throat, try to breathe through your nose. If you are congested, inhaling steam from a bowl of hot water will help you breathe more freely. You could also benefit from Strepsils Sore Throat & Blocked Nose. As the name suggests, these lozenges are specifically tailored for those nasty symptoms.
- Try to avoid alcohol. Though some people say alcohol ‘disinfects’ the throat, this is sadly a myth. It’s much more likely to exacerbate the problem. Being abstemious is the way forward when it comes to sore throat treatment.
- Swallow - it might be painful, but saliva is a natural lubricant that can really help soothe a sore throat.
- Sucking an effective medicated lozenge helps lubricate the lining of the throat bringing real, noticeable relief. Choose one from the Strepsils range to relieve your symptoms and keep working for up to two hours, even after the lozenge has gone. Check out the Strepsils range to find the right product for you.