STREPSILS WEBSITE FAQs
1. Why should I use Strepsils over other lozenges?
Strepsils is a soothing and medicated lozenge which contains active medical ingredients to tackle sore throat pain deep down. Trusted by consumers and pharmacists alike, the Strepsils medicated lozenge range provides consumers with the most appropriate treatment option for sore throats. Strepsils will help battle cold and flu's.
Strepsils lozenges target the throat immediately and over a prolonged period. Unlike non-medicated lozenges or sweets, Strepsils provides clinically proven relief which lasts for long after the lozenge has gone.
2. Are there any Strepsils lozenges I can take as a diabetic?
Sugar Free range – Lemon Flavour and Strawberry
Strepfen Intensive Orange Sugar Free
3. Are any of the Strepsils lozenges gluten free?
All Strepsils lozenges are gluten free
4. I have a cold as well as a sore throat can I take Lemsip and Strepsils together?
For complete cold & flu care you combine Strepsils and Lemsip to treat all your symptoms. Lemsip contains paracetamol, but is still safe to use together with Strepsils.
5. Why is there a range of Strepsils lozenges, which one should I use?
Sore throats vary from dry and irritated to swollen and inflamed. There is a range of Strepsils lozenges for the different types of sore throats. View our Strepsils Product range for more information on what lozenge is best for your symptoms.
6. If I have already taken Nurofen for a headache, can I still take Strepsils for my sore throat?
Yes. It is safe to soothe your sore throat with Strepsils and cure a headache with Nurofen at the same time, as per pack directions.
7. Is Strepsils safe for children to use?
6 years and under – No, lozenges are a choking hazard for children 6 years and under.
Under 12 years – Yes except for the Cool variant. The Cool variant can only be taken by adults and children 12 years and over.
8. Strepsils dosage – how many can I take in 24 hours?
For most of the Strepsils range no more than 12 in 24 hours.
For Strepsils Cool variant please note that:
12-18 years – No more than 8 in 24 hours. Do not use for children under 12 years.
Adults – No more than 12 in 24 hours.
9. Can I consume alcohol while treating a sore throat with Strepsils?
No, do not take Strepsils and alcohol together.
If suffering from a sore throat try to avoid alcohol. The idea that alcohol 'disinfects' the throat is unfortunately a myth! In fact, drinking alcohol is much more likely to irritate than soothe a sore throat.
10. Where can I buy Strepsils?
Strepsils can be purchased from a range of supermarkets and pharmacies throughout Australia, as well as some convenience stores (corner stores, petrol stations etc). Strepfen Intensive (a product within the range) can only be purchased from pharmacies.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.